5 Very good reasons to do an MBA
A Master of Business Administration is a very hot topic nowadays. Is this just a trend, a trifle, or is there real value in pursuing such a study programme? It is expensive and demanding and it has high entry requirements, so why should you opt for an MBA?
Here are the top 5 reasons for which it is worth it to start studying a master in business administration.
- Higher salary: MBA graduates the average salary ranges from 70.000 $ (in governmental or non-profit Institutions) to 120.000 $ (in consultancy, finance or healthcare).
- Better career opportunities: Graduates of an MBA programme have, due to their qualification, higher chances of obtaining and holding a high level management position. It is estimated that 70% of the MBA graduates worldwide are senior managers or board directors.
- Better consolidated business network: Through this type of study you get to know and interact in a relevant manner (in a context that accentuates your business management capabilities) with colleagues (future high level managers), professors and teaching staff (usually former or current potent business people, with great on-field experience).
- New skill and knowledge acquisition: MBA education is usually pursued in a very specific situation by a young professional with a few (2,3 or more) years of experience and sometimes even by senior employees that feel up for the challenge.
- A holistic perspective over the business world: Through studying an MBA you become part of a great network of professionals and companies and you constantly challenge yourself with the newest problem-solving. These things together give you a great overview of the business world, a deep understanding and a certain receptiveness to the slight changes of this environment.
If you are the type of person that can handle the challenge of holding a leadership position, of having a lot of responsibility and of being in a constant learning and development cycle, then you are probably a good candidate for an MBA.